Thursday, June 18, 2009

Free Range Science

Please allow me to explain.

Not "free range" in the sense of made without chemicals. I'm a chemist of sorts; my kind of science, and that of my friends, often is quite chemical. It is often, however, organic.

And not "free to roam," either. This science has fences; and I try to take pains to put it in the right pastures at the right time. No sense grazing where there's no grass. The pastures are small, but as each is grazed down, I'll move the science, so over time it visits all of them. And then visits all of them again, eventually, after each has had time to recover to lushness.

But I think it's going to make some swell statistical mechanics steaks, biophysics burgers, and probably the most thermo-dynamic Rocky Mountain oysters you've ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment